The latest addition to the growing list of homebrew apps to to the Jailbroken PS3 is the Open Manager. It is based on Backup Manager which is released by the founder of the PS3 Jailbreak, PSJailbreak team but with the Open Source taste for all developers to go in the Backup Manager. Meanwhile, the creator of Open Manager is an anonymous person from Elotrolado who does not seek benefit, fame or money. No idea why he do that, but with the recent actions by Sony, it is sensible even to me.
Anyway, the Open Manager works perfect just like the original Backup Manager but with some more cool features on the top. The most noticeable one is the split option for files over 4GB+ (which we all know does not sits well with the FAT32 system). Yeah, there are some PS3 games that have file that is over 4GB limit of FAT32.
Now, there is a new version for Open Manager and it supports game that has controllers sync issues such as the F1, Super Street Fighter and several others. It is reccomended to use this app by Jailbreaking your PS3 with Hermes v1 (not v2) and PSGroove v1.1 as others will create compatiblity issues.
I have the original one compiled and the new version which is maintained by moh.sakhaii compiled and of course i also archived the source code as well. Enjoy.
Download Original Open Manager v1 (With Package (.pkg) file and Source Code)
Download Open Manager v1.13 (With Package (.pkg) file and Source Code)
Download Open Manager v1.14 (With Package (.pkg) file and Source Code)
Download Open Manager v1.14.2 (With Package (.pkg) file and Source Code)
Download NEW Open Manager v1.16 (With Package (.pkg) file and Source Code)
– Added the controller fix with the help of hermes, but he didn’t know that his fix could screw some other games.
– If you press R2, you will toggle the controller fix.
Important notice: You have to toggle into normal mode to load those games with EBOOT.BIN problem.
Important notice: Only games with controller issues should be played in patched mode
Important notice: A payload with peek/poke calls is mandatory. (hermesV1.0 or PSGroove v1.1)
Important notice: Hermes v2.0 will create compatibility problems, do not use it. It’s confirmed that it’s broken.
Important notice: Hermes v1.0 is recommended.
– Game name may not show correctly, you can reproduce this by enabling patch mode and restarting Open Manager v1.1( I will fix this shortly in v1.12)
Also an indicator for normal and patched mode will be available in version 1.12.
Games that are fixed with Open Manager v1.1 patched mode
1- Street fighter 4.
2- Super street fighter 4.
3- Eye Pet move
4- F1 2010 (I don’t have it, but half the reports says it’s working, others said not working, and I’m already getting sick of it , maybe there are different region releases for this game )
5- NBA 2K11.
6- White Album (a Japanese visual novel/game)
7- Racket Sports move
– Added “patched mode”/”Normal mode” labels to the top-right corner of the game-title screen.
– game names will always show correctly after switching to “Normal mode”.
– The first state of the label is now corrected, as it was showing normal mode on start.
It’s a minor update
– Corrected the spelling and grammar problems of the first release thanks to DJLO
– changed the icon to what is provided by ir00t
– The game termination will be done without crashing if user presses the PS button and selects the “Quit Game” menu.
Another minor update
– You can now use left arrow and right arrow for page-down and page-up functionality in game list.
– Free space will be shown below each device and notice that depending on the amount the unit will change to GB,MB,KB or B.
– Removed that patch mode as it is no longer needed.
– Patched mode returns and now works for hermes V3 and previous versions that include peek/poke calls (v > psgroove 1.1)
P/S: The first image is not how the Open Manager will looks like
Update: You can find the modded version like this Open Manager with a nicer and better option at http://dukio.com/ps3-jailbreak/pretty-manager-compiled.html