Good news to HTC Hero users out there, now you can enjoy jailbreaking your PS3 with your own HTC Hero. Straight from it’s source, PSfreedom Wiki, the HTC Hero can now be added to the list of phone devices that can be used to run the modded PSGroove, PSfreedom PS3 jailbreak exploit. Here, included below are the instructions and files that you needed to get you started.
With great thanks to alephzain the hero now works.
Below is the update.zip for gsm HTC Hero with psfreedom, best way for now is nandroid backup, flash the update, apply hack on PS3 and nandroid restore to return to existing rom.[UPDATE.ZIP TO FOLLOW]
1. Copy .zip onto sdcard
2. Reboot phone into recovery (I use Clockwork but Amon-Ra is just as good, and may endup better ;p)
3. Perform a nandroid backup
4. Install zip from sdcard and select zip downloaded from above.
5. Perform hack on PS3
6. Reboot to recovery and restore nandroid backup
7. Goto 1 each time you switch on PS3 until a better method is developed
Below are links for the ones that cannot wait for the update.zips
Below are links to zImage as psfreedom.ko (patched for bdvd).
CDMA – http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LR19E62T
GSM – http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3IWL856
1. Copy psfreedom.ko to your sdcard
2. Install a terminal emulator from the market
3 Fastboot the zImage
4 Once it has booted open the terminal emulator
5 type su
6 type cd /sdcard
7 type insmod psfreedom.ko
8 plug in to ps3 and enjoy
Recovery rom with the above kernel/module.
GSM – http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/…m-1.0-bdvd.img
Flash this to your recovery partition. (or fastboot it)
When done, just boot into recovery every time you need to jailbreak your PS3.
NOTE: This disables ADB and USB Mass-storage on the recovery rom.
Downloads: CDMA – megaupload.com GSM – megaupload.com