Jailbreaking a PS3 console is never an easy stuff (although for some it’s easy) but if you can master it, you can make a living selling PSGrooved USB board. Just saying. Anyway, let’s get started with our tutorial.
PS3 console (running firmware 3.41)
Flip Software (Preferably 3.3.1)
Psgroove Teensy 1.0 Hex file with Backup Manager.pkg
External USB Drive
Original PS3 Blu-ray Game Disc1) First, you gotta put the Blackcat USB in DFU mode by flipping both switches to the 1 and 2 positions.
2) Push the button on the board, if it shows up as AT90USB162 on your Device Manager, you are in the DFU mode.
3) Open Flip and select target device AT90USB162.
4) Now go into Settings and select a communication medium, choose USB. Your Blackcat’s info should show up.
5) Go to File, hit Load Hex File, and choose the Teensy 1.0 hex file.
6) Erase, Blank Check it, and write the Hex file onto the chip.
7) Hit the verify button to make sure it went through ok, if so just hit the “Start Application” button.
Load the Manager.pkg onto the external drive. (Formatted FAT32)
9) Go to your PS3 and do a complete power cycle. (Turn off completely with switch on back.)
10) Plug in your Blackcat USB, turn on the switch in back.
11) Power on your PS3 and hit the eject button immediately. (This is the part most people mess up.)
12) If you did it right, you will have two folders on your XMB. One that says “Install Package Files” and another “/app_home/PS3_GAME/”.
13) Plug in your USB drive with the Manager.pkg file. You should now see it in the “Install Package Files” folder. Run it. You should now have Package Manager installed.
14) Install your original PS3 game and run Package Manager. It will ask you whether you want to load it or back it up. Back it up!
15) After a few minutes you’ll have a copy of the game showing up. Select it and it will load it to the XMB menu.
16) Hit the game icon and you can now start enjoying the backup copy of your PS3 game.