Now that the 3.55 CFW has been patched with the peek & poke syscalls, there is a very huge potential of those backup manager creators to change the right code in the manager so that it can be compatible with the CFW. For now, let me show you how to install the patched CFW PUP into your console. Will be very useful for the beginners who has no idea how the custom firmware works.
- First, you got to download the patched 3.55 CFW PUP. Look below for the downloads.
- Put the PUP file in your USB flash drive under the filename “PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP”. Note the folder path.
- Connect the USB drive to your PS3 console.
- Go to System Update in your PS3 menu XMB and it will allow you to install the update (even if you are already on 3.55).
- Repeat the step with Geohot’s PUP with the Jailbreak ability.
- Enjoy your PS3 with 3.55 CFW patched with the Backup support
If it does not work for you, you might want to try the recovery menu mode installation.
3.55 CFW Patched With Backup Support