Later today, Geohot has released his own version of Lv2diag.self where you can execute it when on the service mode. You can check it yourself in Geohot’s official website.
first piece of homebrew you can runput in service mode, put on usb stick, boot
It’s a Proof of Concept homebrew though, when you boot it, the geohot.txt will appear in the USB drive, just to show that the PS3 console load his .self file which is one step further to awesomeness
If any of you guys want to try this, you need a dongle or a dev board where you can turn your PS3 console into a service mode, a downgrader perhaps? Just follow these steps below:
- First, flash your preferred USB dongle, dev board or other compatible devices with downgrade hex files (PSGrade etc).
- Boot PS3 with the flashed device/dongle etc (PS3 turns off after 10 seconds).
- Reboot PS3 and check to make sure its in service mode.
- Turn off PS3, and copy geohot’s Lv2diag.self onto blank flash USB drive, put in the last usb port on the right.
- Boot PS3, geohot’s Lv2diag.self executes. You will now have empty geohot.txt file.
- To exit service mode, copy over Lv2diag.self with Lv2diag.self FILE 2.