Now now, what do we got here. A chance where you can play remotely your favorite PS3 game titles anywhere and every time you want. That means you can play the high definition PS3 games such as God of War 3, Final Fantasy XII and maybe the ever gorgeous Uncharted 2. Will it run slowly in your PSP? No, you didn’t get the point of “Remote Play” here. Your PS3 is still running and your PSP console acts as a wireless display of the PS3 games. Special thanks to theblacksheep who is responsible for this amazing discovery. Here’s what he said;
Last night I backup SF4 (little did i know this has trouble seeing the controllers), ran the FTP program, lifted the SFO out, edited in in SFO editor to allow remote play. Then put the SFO file back, entered remote play and ran the modified game. Instead of showing the fail screen for trying to play a non remote play game over remote play this time it worked and we got to the same screen when loading the game properly. in short: SFO editing games to allow remote play works. Will try RDR later.
Basically what he is saying is by editing the “PARAM.SFO” file from the PS3 game that you just dumped onto your hard drive – and checking on the “Enable remote play” option, you will be able to play that game remotely via your PSP whether it had that “Remote Play” option to begin with or not.
So, how to play remotely? Alright, here’s a quick guide.
How to Remote Play any PS3 game title in your PSP
1. Dump your PS3 game title of your choice to your hard drive.
2. Install Ps3 FTP and then launch it.
3. Connect to your PS3 via FTP and navigate to your HDD folder then go to games -> LAUN12345 -> GAMEZ -> YOUR GAME ID -> PS3_GAME
4. Now, just copy the PARAM.SFO file and make a backup of it just in case.
5. Download SFO Editor open the sfo file and tick/check “Enable Remote Play”.
6. Save it and then open up the FTP and transfer the modded sfo back into the PS3_GAME folder.
7. Now, just connect your PSP in remote play and please enjoy it!