We had this on Xbox, Wii, PSP and various other OSes out there. Now, thanks to the wide open PS3 console, we can see the implementation of E-UAE Amiga Emulator running wild on your jailbroken console. The UAE emulator that was released back in 1996 emulates the hardware of Commodore Amiga 500/1000/2000. For the PS3 version port, it was compiled with PSL1GHT SDK, making it a legal homebrew application for your PS3. Below is the release note from Ole.
E-UAE 0.8.25 for PS3 – release 3
– compiled by using psl1ght sdk
– The full uae documentation is stored in the ‘docs’ subdirectory, here
you are reading the ps3 port info.
– 68000, 68010, 68020 processor cores
– OCS, ECS and AGA chipset
– amiga hi-res (720×576) graphics resolution in 32bit depth
– joystick1, joystick2 (2nd joypad required) and mouse emulation
– simple options dialog (supports switching of the disk files and more)
– sound in 48000 kHz
– keyboard emulation
– support for loading zip and dms floppy images
– reads either /dev_usb000/uae/uae.cfg or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00825/USRDIR/UAE.CFG
configuration during startup!
– ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
– uae.cfg either in /dev_usb000/uae/ or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00825/USRDIR/ directory
(sample UAE.CFG included)
– kickstart rom – see docs/readme
– press R2 to activate virtual keyboard (vkb), release R2 to hide it.
If vkb is shown press left/right digital pad to select the current
key. Press the ‘up’ digital pad button to actually simualte key press
of the current key. L1, L2, R1 ann CIRCLE buttons are user defined keys.
If vkb is shown press L1 to define L1 button, press L2 to define L2 button
and press R1 to define R1 button.
– joypad 1 (emulates joystick 1 and mouse 1)
– joypad 2 (emulates joystick 2) – if you want to enable 2-joystick mode, plug-in
the second joy pad, restart uae and switch the port mode to “joy-1 & joy-2″ in the
– left analog pad emulates the mouse movement. You can speed-up the mouse movement
in the options dialog.
– CROSS – joystick button 1
– SQUARE – mouse button 1
– TRIANGLE – mouse button 2
– press Start to enter application menu, here you can load ADF files.
– press CIRCLE to exit the application menu
– The program reads uae.cfg during startup. In this configuration file
you should specify all required parameters (memory size, kick rom, initial
floppy disk files, cpu core, chipset etc.).
– Files (kickrom, adf files) are accesible from either usb disk or internal disk.
Credits and thanks:
– UAE team and porters.
– RCDRUMMOND for E-UAE
– psl1ght sdk team
– PS3 homebrew scene
r3 – options dialog has more space for filenames
r2 – added support for uae.cfg stored on hdd
r1 – initial release
You can find the download files along with the sources at the web page below.