It sees that someone has found the easiest solution to play Medal of Honor (which requires 3.42) in a Jailbroken PS3. The best part is that you don’t have to swap param.sfo or eboot.bin files. Alright, let’s see what we can make out of this:
- Of course, first you installed the game (BLUS30436) using the latest OBM 1.17.2 from external to internal (patched mode).
- Installed the game update, which is 1.01 from USB stick using Hermes v4 which has the Install Package files feature.
- Then, Select the game using OBM 1.17.2 in a patched mode of course.
- Next, launched the game with a blu-ray disc inside the drive.
- Congratulations, now you can play MOH in a 3.41 console. Hah, take that SONY!
After you done updating the game, you can checked that the update dir and PARAM.SFO that they only requires the older 3.30+ firmware. So, it is obvious that someone from EA compiled the game with SDK 3.30 and that Sony take a precaution for the new release and include the 3.42 prompt update. To be specific, Sony added a check in the eboot.bin to verify the disc and installer to make the console installs the 3.42 update. In terms of MOH, i guess i can say game over Sony
MOH game update PSN links: